01.01.09

New Years Resolutions

Posted in Awards, Error, Error, errors, Flash, Flex, Friends, Random thoughts, Speaking at 11:17 pm by Curtis J. Morley

Every year I am an avid reoslution maker and keeper.  I love to set golas and achieve them.  It all started in High School when I made a resolution with my best friend and cousin Vaughn Jensen to drink no soda for the entire year.  That was the first time that I set (and kept) a new years resolution.

I have many resolutions but I won't list them all here.  The ones I will list relate to this blog and to my life as Flash professional.

So here are my New Years Resolutions in no particular order:

• Post every ActionScript Error that Flash/Fex will ever produce.
  • Speak on Flash/ Flex/ ActionScript at 3 conferences this year (at least 1 major)
  • Reply to all valid blog comments within 24 hours.
  • Post a Flash tutorial at least once a month (12+ total).
  • Organize all posts into the "Grand Poobah" list of all AS3 errors.
  • Create an AIR app that contains all the errors from my blog.
  • Get my training published on RMI and Lynda.
  • Win one major award for a Flash project that I complete.
  • Get ACE re-certified in Flash CS4, Flash Lite and Flex
  • Become an ACI
  • And finally no carbonation for 2009 (cold duck excluded)

And that is the list.  Check back Jan 1st 2010 and see how I did.

Thanks and Happy Flashing,

Curtis J. Morley

6 Comments »

1. Jason Wright said,

January 12, 2009 at 10:22 am

Can you really consider yourself a developer and not drink anything carbonated? I look forward to following your blog this year.

2. Curtis J. Morley said,

January 12, 2009 at 10:39 am

Jason,

Strictly Carrot Juice and Prune juice. 🙂

Curtis J. Morley

3. Curtis J. Morley said,

January 12, 2009 at 10:51 am

Oh and maybe some wheatgrass. That can give quite a buzz.

Curtis J. Morley

4. Jason Wright said,

January 12, 2009 at 1:55 pm

It’s all about the Mountain Dew.

5. Sander said,

March 3, 2009 at 3:00 am

Post every ActionScript Error that Flash/Fex will ever produce.! I thanks you for that! 😀

6. Art Thompson said,

August 22, 2009 at 1:36 pm

Looking for the list of all Flash errors.
    Here is my error:Error #1006: addEventListner is not a function.
    Here is the code:

instrument_txt.text = “The trumpet has been selected.”;
    }
    function onGlock(e:MouseEvent):void{
    instrument = glock;
    instrument_txt.text = “The glockenspiel has been selected.”;
    }
    NOTES: The instruments violin, banjo, trumpet and glock are movie clips on the stage and so named. .