My company, mediaRAIN, just won the Flash in the Can Award in the "audio category" for the musicRAIN interactive sheet music application. Robert Penner accepted the award on our behalf. musicRAIN the leader in digital sheet music is the creation started many years ago that is revolutionizing the music industry. There were many people that helped to make musicRAIN a reality.
The original version was created for the LDS Church and can be viewed at www.lds.org/music. They were the first to believe that with technology and music combined we can bless many lives. The music player for the church has touched many lives around the world. There were many prayers and miracles from God that happened along the way to make this original version happen.
The commerical version owes many thanks to Morgan, Brooke, Blake and Shannon. They believed in us. Because of them it was possible for the player to be developed in a commerical way using and refining the indusrty standard musicXML created by Michael Goode and have the musical and Flash genius of Robert Penner to help in creating an amazing application that is light and versatile. It also owes many thanks to the amazing people at CCLI. Howard and Deryk, Gary, Pete, and everyone else.
I'm sure I will forget many people but here is a list of key contributors to the project over the years.
At the LDS Church
At CurtisMorley.com Interactive
- Michael Chamberlain (An amazing project manager and friend)
- Richard Lyman (intial Developer with me on musicRAIN)
- Tyler Wright (The one that saved musicRAIN for the church)
- Larry Lentz (design and creation)
- Chase Brammer (Coding actionscript)
- Gary Rogers (Back -end systems)
- Evan Ehat (intial designs etc...)
- Josh Buhler (Ties, Slurs and much more for the Church version)
- Jacob Wright (Backend, middleware, DB, security)
- Delane Barrus(Design and interface)
- Dave Nibley(promtional material)
- Wayne Pullman(tradeshow booth and materials etc...)
- Ben McElroy (font creation)
- Robert Penner (A true Flash Architecture genius)
- Michael Goode (Creator of the musicXML standard)
- Rob Taylor (Thanks for the great help)
- Scott Johnson (Work on the midi integration)
Thank you everyone for making my crazy dream into a reality and for blessing many lives along the way.